Sinister: My name is Helen Stevens & I'm having a party.

craigrm craigrm at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 14 10:39:58 BST 2000

Hello Merry Munchkins,

This emails content is not 100% B&S, apologies I am weak and un-focused.

*Pretty Pretty Please with sugar on top* if anyone feels the need to comment
on Rick's post can you mail Rick directly rather than the list. I know it's
hard to resist sometimes and you all mean well, but stuff like this tends to
get quickly out of control and does no one any favours. Please trust me on
this.

- Floyd, The Pink -

Musical semolina I'm afraid. Best suited for angst-ridden party's when
someone's swiped all the Meatloaf/Doors/Cat Stevens CDs. The lyrics give the
appearance of being deep & meaningful only when drunk or stoned, scientists
have termed this the "Led Zeppelin Syndrome (LZS)" but very little actual
research is currently being undertaken on the phenomenon. This is of course
just my own poorly considered opinion and I realise that many people like PF
immensely, this is fine but I am not one of them. I strongly associate it with
a period of my adolesence that I'd much rather forget.

- 2001 prt I -

Unless we're talking about 8:01pm tonight then no live dates this year is not
exactly what we wanted to hear. As someone rightly pointed out this kind of
behavior plays straight into the hands of their detractors, I can imagine
Swells was rubbing his corpulent scab encrusted hands together with glee when
he heard the news. I'm not upset as such as it wasn't totally unexpected but I
can feel my faith slipping a bit.

In comparison The Stereophonics are touring this year, it is indeed a cruel
world we live in.

- 2001 prt II -

Are we really a mere 5 months away from Intergalactic travel, surreal babies
floating in space and lip-reading supercomputers ?, how will B&S survive in
such a world ?, will there still be a place for their well crafted pop
melodies ?. I certainly hope so. Arthur C. Clarke may well have been
responsible for the Communications satellite (though personally I remain
unconvinced) and is no longer a suspect kiddie fiddler but I think we've got a
good few centuries of normal life left before we have to start dealing with
space travel on a semi-regular basis. Despite this I still have a soft spot
for Arthur as he was indirectly responsible for providing us with one of
televised comedy's shinning moments, I'm of course talking about The Goodies
"The Search For Arthur C Clarke" episode. Genius.

- London Picnic -

Will someone be sending another reminder to the list about this and the
planned pre-picnic pub meeting ?. I deleted the emails as initially I was
going to be working and unable to attend but that's changed now so can someone
refresh my memory regarding times and all that. Cheers.

- Will the real Sad Fluffy GHD please stand up -

Is he still amongst us ?.

Well that's work successfully avoided for a hour.

Be good,
Craig xx