Sinister: Up town top rankin'

Magda Boom magdaboom at xxx.com
Fri Jul 14 10:44:42 BST 2000

Cats,

does anyone mind if I Be Mummy for a second, and say weve had the diary-diary-is-shoddy/dear-dear-is-ace argument before, and always said it was best not to talk about the list ON the list? I hope not.

Brian:
>1. THE Magda Boom commented something to the effect that
>skateboarding boys >who listen to Hip Hop and have rice pudding >spilled on their cardigans would be a >funny sight. Oddly, that >combination (sans rice pudding) is pretty common, I
>thought. Sounds like a lot of my friends.

Yes, sadly after I wrote my last post I was reminded I was actually begging for Graham Coxon clones. I only find Hip Hop amusing, I cant really listen to it. To me, the idea me listening to someone from the Wu-tang clan singing a song about nailing someones nuts to a dresser and then putting tools up his bottom has, dear lord, Ironic value, and I really cant stand people who listen to Pop or Uk Garage for Ironic value, so I should probably be shot. Middle class white girls and boys using Ali G-style puns is as embarassing as the stick-on stereotype for Belle and Sebastian fans. I think Nick said something like that once, only in a much better way.

Are we talking about the fieldmice? One of them came on to me once. Thats all I have to say about them, really.

>it was just suddenly good. whereas before it was just all, well, icky and laced with >the whole image of perfect 50s living, the image of new and wonderful things >clouding out a harsh reality.

I think thats whats lovely about being able to enjoy things from the 50s today, we *dont* have to live there, we dont have to follow the same rules that they did, we dont have to wear uncomfortable corsets which pinch our waists in, we dont have to Go Steady or have 2.4 children, but then we do have to be raving nostalgic, and be
called reetro Lots of pop music from the 50s is lovely, Id start name-dropping but I only have a couple of compilations I bought from charity shops, so Id seem quite the amateur. I might be going to a club tonight which plays Diskopop from a Charity shop. Its
called Hoxton Teen Rock and Roll Machine. Hoxton darling. Thats *so* 1999.

Magda
"snotty bitch"

P.S Sarah - your lyrics have been added to my list. Fantastic!

chickclick.com
http://www.chickclick.com
girl sites that don't fake it.
http://www.chickmail.com