Sinister: No time, just a quickie

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 14 13:46:51 BST 2000

OK, another quick one to follow Markc's (oh, the mental pictures).  I am
also looking much forward to tomorrow, and all of you frightened bunnies
don't worry, we are, in fact, lovely.  And if you don't come you'll have to
spend all of next week reading about what a super time we had anyhoo, and
then you''ll be sad you didn't.

In other news, I am now officially OX bound, as i am to be a TUTORIAL
SECRETARY at ruskin college in Oxford, which is nice.  Now all i need is
somewhere to live...  I'm actually dead dead excited about it and
everything, although i may produce a small fact sheet to distribute tomorrow
to avoid having to tell the same tale 50 times.

Humourous Oxford moments from the other day:

1.  In Waterstones (big book shop), somewhat confused american to shop
assistant:  Do you have a book with a recipe for shepherd's pie?

2.  Walking down the street, see sportsgothic/nu-metal/muppet girl, with
prim proper middle class mother (always somewhat humourous).  Mother then
stops and heads into rather ornate looking church, goth gurl in (possibly)
marilyn manson t-shirt trailing behind, head bowed.

Made me laugh anyway

sorry, i really can't hang around, i've got to go and sort my kid sister
out.

Anyway, I'VE GOT A NEW JOB AND IT'S GRATE

see you, you and you (but not you, unfortunately) tomorrow

xoxo

CarsmileSteve

Thanks for all the mails, mentions etc in the past few days, if I may
mis-quote Wilde "the only thing worse than being talked about, is talking
about prog rock" innit :)