Sinister: now my plane's flying out of control, with a brand new cargo full of brand new soul.

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Fri Jul 14 15:41:12 BST 2000

hello, when did you start doing _that_ to your hair?

so i will hopefully only talk about 3 things now. ok. but none of them are
belle and sebastian. so 'watch "the fuck" out' ok?

Magda mentioned getting hit on by one of the fieldmice.  i have some
questions:
how did this fieldmouse go about hitting on you.  were you in a bar and did
he sidle up and buy you a drink and casually let slip with 'i was in a band
once, the fieldmice, yeah...' or was it more 'hey you! why won't you sleep
with me? is because i was in the fieldmice?'.  i only get hit on by these
old men.  something about me doesn't even seem to turn on younger men, let
alone girls, just old guys.  i guess they figure i'm lonely.
bastards.

but my friends get hit on all the time.
my friend amy got hit on by steve leckie, who was in arguably the first
canadian band to pick up on punk rock back in the day.  they were called the
viletones and that they were into punk very early on (but not at all
innovative or good or anything) is their claim to fame.  so he started
coming on to amy by saying 'i'm steve leckie from the viletones' which, when
combined with his nearly 50 year old heroin addict appearance was already
completely repulsive to her.  so when he could see that he was already on
the losing side he desperately began naming the people he 'knew'.  things
like 'no wait, i know vivian westwood...'  sure mac.

my friend joanie did way better. she got hit on by noted designer karim
rashid.  they started chatting at the restaurant that she worked at and then
he walked her home, and then he invited himself in, then he snorted coke in
her washroom and then he kept breathing down her neck and being creepy so
she shoved him out the door.  i mean, at least karim rashid is pretty cool.

Flin Flon was mentioned.  hurrah.

robyn fadden mentioned the 50's.  wich is stupendous.  because not only is
robyn 'the bomb shit' but is also 'dope' and 'hardcore' like le tigre only
not lesbians.  so yeah.  the 50's were the REAL best pop music before the
80's when fine young cannibals and martha and the muffins appeared.  i
include anything before the beatles broke in the states as being essentially
50's.  and yeah, gene vincent, carl perkins, etc. the innocence, the
simplicity, the tight harmony, the repressd dry humpy hornyness of it all,
the 3 minute time limit.  the 50's is what i love so much about jonathan
richman.  i love jonathan richman and wish he was my dad.  my dad is distant
and i don't know what he does for a living at all.  even though i lived with
him for 18 years.

also, yes, le tigre rock.  they make me feel very new york.  which is really
what living in toronto is all about isn't it.

s  t  e  v  e  n  !