Sinister: no pop no style

sophie harris sophiesea at xxx.com
Fri Jul 14 18:28:39 BST 2000

okaay s'me again - but i shant bang on about nonsense again (hmm), merely
say raaaah! am at work and we just found the big box of archive nme's  -
we're looking through one from 1969 for fricks sake! currently riding high
(so to speak) in the charts is: mama cass 'it's getting better' ('beautiful
thing' - aww...) je taime moi non plus!!! jane b. and lovely lovely serge,
ummm ooh number 1 is 'in the year 22525 - bloody hell, it's like being in
back to the future or something...  i should be careful, it's nestled
between my reeces pieces and cup of tea... 'tom cool about elvis' says
article with pic of preburger elvis looking remarkably pie, and tom jones
looking tanned and admittedly undisgusting...  aaanyways, can i put in a wee
request for miss elenita to maybe post again with camdeny details? totchie
with the little balck bag, i knows what you mean, my boys and girls wont'
really do the b&s thing, and i've slightly had it with smirky 'bellend
sebastien' 'belle and sespastican' comments.... so i shant be towing them
along, altho nadja is helping me make jam tarts tonite (the pastry will be
rubbish i am quite sure)... oh dear, that's not very contenty is it? hmm..
ooh brendon has got mp3 new b&s stuff i believe, and tells me there's a song
called 'paperboat' which is v. wooskie-like, which is a blessed relief as i
have truly caned wooskie (if this is possible) on too many tapes... content,
content... in a more recent nme, i stumbled accross this little gem from
Chris
"The songs are all just about buses and schoolgirls as far as i can make
out...What else do you need to know?'
and on that note, i'm off home for some tart action
xs