Sinister: monochrome in the 1990's

Rickbozard at xxx.com Rickbozard at xxx.com
Fri Jul 14 18:38:53 BST 2000

this morning I awoke rather late and was forced to make haste in order to
catch the bus. I'd overslept by an hour or so, I blame it on fatuige from the
night before when I stayed up untill all hours playing solitaire while
listening to my first-edition vinyl copy of tigermilk as well as bits from
piper at the gates of dawn. I thought that this was very twee and was
delighted to have some material to send to the sinister list. It's quite rare
for me to write, I'm the victim of a shyness that is criminally vulgar and
it's a great accomplishment for me to venture out into the world, even if
that world is a belle and sebastian list on the internet. Well, back to my
story. I was distraught at the thought of being late for my job at the
cardigan shop. I was afraid that my tardiness might cause my coworkers to
speak to me, or prehaps question me, which is somenthing I mortally fear. As
I rode on the bus I saw a beautiful girl in the next isle. She looked like
Isobel and she might have been though i'll never know, for a sickening fear
came over me and drove me to hide in the back of the bus. She was still there
when it was my time to get off, so I ran past her seat looking straight ahead
to avoid her gaze. A dreadful thing happened as I departed the bus. My
sweater caught in the door. I was panic striken as the bus began to drive
off, ripping my sweater to shreads and knocking me flat onto the ground. I
was a bit flustered and was falling into a daze. The only thing that kept me
awake for those first five minutes was the sense of loss I felt for my
sweater. I know it's summertime and a sweater can get rather hot, but I am
more than happy to take on the hardship associated with my twee uniform. I
couldn't fight off unconciousness for long though, and soon I was passed out
on the street in a well of my own tears. I dreamt of stuart m and isobel
hovering over me like angels as a delightful b+s cover of "another brick in
the wall" played in the background. It was a beautiful dream and almost made
the unconciousness worthwhile. I began to come to but was still dazed and
dissoriented. But then, like an angel out of the heavens a man picked me up
and helped me to a taxi cab. It was morrisey. I was overcome with joy and
very much wanted to thank him, but my fear of speaking to strangers kept me
mute. Morrisey walked off as I quiveringly gave my address to the driver. I'd
given up the idea of working that day. I really should have called the
cardigan shop to tell them what had occoured but was, yet again, stifled by
fear. I contented myself to spend the say at home eating popsickles,
listening to tigermilk (which is my favorite b+s album though i don't like
that electronic renaissance track, it reeks of an attempt at innovation). If
I can muster up the courage I may go down to the park to look for sid barrett.
             Goodbye all,
have a wonderfully twee day