Sinister: Musings from the feast

Chris Jones chris.jones at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 16 11:38:14 BST 2000

This looks like the first picnic post, so I suppose it had better be good
in order to set a precedent for those that follow.
	Despite having been on the list for some considerable time now, I had
never before ventured out to play with the sinister crowd. I'm now really
glad that I finally did. I probably didn't show it, because I only said
about 3 words the whole time, but it was nice to meet so many people whose
minds work the same way as mine. It was quite odd meeting people whose
greatness I have been in awe of. Truly fantastic to see the ever youthful
Mr. Dastoor, Mark, Lucy, Pamela and the Steves' (to name a few), but the
greatest honour of all to be bestowed on me was finally being in the
presence of the legend, Miss Erica MacArthur. As I hobbled off round the
tube on my way home (nasty injury preventing me playing football you see) I
felt a twee, smug, warm sensation inside having met so many wonderful
people (or more correctly, having been met by, as my shyness usually
prevented me from saying anything back). I do apologise for not really
speaking, but I was paying attention the whole time, just observing with
quiet wonderment how great it is that such a friendly group of people can
be born out a passion for a twee little Scottish band.
	That was a big paragraph. I'm sure it should have been split up in places,
but my English has gone to pot. Well, I'm looking forward with relish to
another meet up and hoping that there may be a Tigermilking before the end
of the summer, but no pressure Mark!
	Bye bye lovely people.

	Chris Jones.