Sinister: The Hunt for Rodd October

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sun Jul 16 14:31:01 BST 2000

Of course Jordi isn't a dick slap. It was just a play on words. I don't know
what a dick slap is. I should have followed Sir Cliff's advice and said
"Jordi and the Dream of Horses". Jordi is a splendid chap, as many of you
already know. I just thought I'd clear that up. Before he gets his own
back...

One of the topics we touched on the other day was the lack of concerts.
Apparently dates *were* pencilled in, so something must have happened. I
don't think it's just wilful indie-schmindieness. But I don't know. Perhaps
the long-awaited next instalment of "diary of a band" will throw some light
on the matter. Face facts kids, at least when you can't be bothered to do
your homework or go and meet your mates you can at least cheer yourself up
with the thought that you're being Belle and Sebastian-ish. I'm hoping
against hope that the delay has been caused by the B!O!A!T! being
inconveniently booked up until next year. My, those were the days.

I bought a Beenie Man album, but I'm taking it back again. Bloody rubbish,
it is. His first album was called "The Invincible Beenie Man, Ten Year Old
Deejay Wonder". During our picnic the other day, the song "Everybody's Gotta
Learn Sometime" by The Korgis (?) came on. Sent shivers down my spine. Pop
is all about moments.

Floyd content: The other day I said "See Emily Play" was perfect. It isn't.
Because of the words "you'll lose your mind", a tedious subject before they
ever really got started on it.

Peter