Sinister: Banks

David White david at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 16 18:20:49 BST 2000

>>BANKS<<
I f*cking hate banks too. I remember a couple of years ago when I asked my
bank if I could have a Switch card so that I could access and spend MY own
money where and when I wanted they said no because they wanted to wait and
monitor my usage of my account for 6 months before they would consider
trusting me with a card (despite the fact I'd had an account in the same
branch for over 10 years and had never been overdrawn or even close to it).
I told them where to shove their account and took all my money to another
bank which was only to happy to give me what I wanted.
The point is though what gives them the right to tell me I can't get to my
money using a system which surely is more convenient for them cos I don't
have to use their branches or their blessed cashpoint machines and more
convenient to me cos I don't have to carry cash. Banks would do well to
remember that the average guy in the street is their lifeblood. Sure they
could probably live off the interest they charge to third world countries or
clubbing baby seals to death or whatever it is these evil bastards do but
they must make a hell of a lot of money out of ordinary people.
As for getting an overdraft, try another bank. Most of them are fairly kind
towards students in the hope they can bleed them dry in later life with
mortgage charges etc. but to be honest if I could I'd keep my money under a
matress (sure it might get nicked if someone broke in but at least the
robber wouldn't be on 100 grand a year and driving a company BMW.)
Crikey, that must read like the rantings of one of these reclaim the streets
nutters that went on the riot in London the other month (which I might add I
am definitely not) but these big corporations really piss me off.
Need to go and let off steam now.
>>CONTENT<<
Visit www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk if you want

Goodbye,