Sinister: Ease your feet in the sea

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 16 21:27:42 BST 2000

Dear all:

I see the 1400 or so of you must be doing well unlike myself,given the
increase of posting during my absence last week.As some alternative
formulation of that toast theorem,if one does not check his/her mailbox
for 5 days,Sinister will be resuscitated to the good old babbling days and
even Adrian Evans shall make a come back from the Devonic era challenging
geological assumptions.

Perhaps induced telephatically by Ms A. Campbell's wit and wisdom,we spent
the British & Continental International Day of the Picnic in
the shockingly flatlands of Lincolnshire,that
is,SKEGGY.Nottingham,starting with its railway station,looks truly grand
and debonair by comparison when I came back this evening.I promise I will
appreciate the existence of shops not called Derek's Fab Ice Creams or
Bargain-LessaPound-Land in the next future.

However,an oxidated shelter in Skegness' promenade is as Kitchen Sink
drama as it is possible to go.No irony possible when you are surrounded by
people 4 years younger than you with 4 kids to carry.No better scenario
for a day as today.

I got home and played whatever it was in my Hi-Fi while I walked in
circles in my new servant-like room.It was Tigermilk,the very first tape I
was given by the first person I met from this list...On the verge of tears
while 'We rule the School','My Wandering..',and 'Mary Jo',finally the
extra bit at the end of Side A with 'The Loneliness of the Mid-Distance
runner' turned out to be uplifting enough,I plucked up courage,left the
house to enjoy the last sunshine of this Sunday,and went to check my
mail.And Sinister was here,debating how shite Pink Floyd were  or
not,inviting to meet up with Peter Sellers in Bar-Cel-Ona,gnawing cheese
with Field Mice,getting drunk without help.

Thank you,really.Love

Arantxa