Sinister: kissing etc.

Mouche75 at xxx.com Mouche75 at xxx.com
Mon Jul 17 02:50:37 BST 2000

Hey Sinister People,

Are you all well? And dandy? I'm not too bad, cept it's a little cold.

You know the picnic in Sheffield on Saturday? I was in Manchester on Saturday
morning and I saw a 95 bus going to Simister. And my vision was a little
skewed and I was a probably still a little bit drunk, and my shoes were on
the wrong feet and all that kind of stuff, and for about three seconds, I
really believed that 'Simister' read 'Sinister'. Everything kind of clicked
into place and I imagined the bus as a clunky, puffy old Charlie's Bus,
crawling through country lanes over to Sheffield, driven by a twinkly-eyed
cheeky Pilsbury DoughBoy in flares and a cap, honking the horn, and the back
seats full of kids licking apple butter off each others' fingers. Stopping
off various bakers' on the route, before letting everyone pile off to roll
about for a few hours before taking 'em back to Manchester.

But then everything cleared, and all I saw was a dusty old bus dragging
itself out to Simister.

Sheesh.

I had a cracking weekend though.

A Room For Romeo Brass is out on video next month. I've checked the archives
and I know it's been mentioned on the list and I'm sorry to mention it again,
but it really is fantastic. The use of B&S on the soundtrack is perfect, you
get the feeling that Shane Meadows... um... gets it. Y'know, the sense of
malevolence and of implicit violence and of things not being quite right that
crops up in SM's lyrics. It's my favourite film this year, definitely.

I've got a funny, queasy feeling about B&S not doing anything for a year.
When I first heard "Dirty Dream#2" live I misheard  "comedian" as "chameleon"
and convinced myself it was about Stuart wishing he'd been in The Chameleons
and stayed a perennially romantic underacheiver. I was sure it was code that
something was wrong. I know I was wrong, but I've got that same, queasy
feeling again.

Oh, and before I forget, on Wednesday 5th July 2000 at 19:38GMT Emily Bishop
said:

>I don't want to turn into some mithering old woman...

And I thought "You've been nothing but that since Percy left, and even then
you were the weak link..."

It's late and I have to be up early tomorrow. We've got a drummer now, and
we're all meeting up in Crosshouse. I'm proud in a funny way, I bet there
aren't many bands who conduct their business in the hospital cafeterias.

So I'll hit the hay. Be sweet,

mouche