Sinister: This may be a rant...

Wayne Fortune wayne_fortune at xxx.com
Mon Jul 17 16:49:53 BST 2000

Hi sinister people,

Well, how are you all?  I've not posted for ages - not
for any real reason, other than laziness.  So no
action until 2001, lets be honest - it's hardly
surprising...

I fear that this post might turn into a big rant about
how wrong Christianity is, so I'll try and avoid it.

I can't...

You see, I was playing the bagpipes last night at the
local "Civic Week" (don't get me started on that!)
parade known as "The Kirkin' of the Laddie".  Anyway,
we (the general public) were stood outside the war
memorial listening to this old, bald minister lecture
us about various aspects of life when he burst into
some prayer about how "God, we know we are not the
people you want us to be, we are not the people we
want to be, so forgive us".  I almost burst out
laughing - I don't think I need to prove myself to
anyone, let alone some fictional character designed to
strike fear into the hearts of the masses!  And all
this "not the people we want to be" - what is with
that?  Fair enough, I'm probably not my ideal picture
of myself (I'd like to get on with my parents better),
but I won't have some bald guy stand in front of me
and tell me to ask for forgiveness!

I'm sorry, I hope I've not offended anyone...  :)

I recently discovered Nick Drake...  Oh, I'm in love!

Lots of love
Ba Ba