Sinister: first post nerves

Kate Funky katefunky at xxx.com
Tue Jul 18 19:47:53 BST 2000

After some of the terrific first posts i've been seeing while in the
nursery, i've been debating for almost a week whether or not to even post at
all. but there are a couple of things i wanted to ask about anyway.

First, i wanted to agree about douglas coupland. 'miss wyoming' is so
terrific, and it's the first douglas coupland book that i could really
easily visualise as a film. (am i the only one who tries to cast the film of
a book while i am reading it?) coupland is a terrific author, but he has
always reminded me more of radiohead than b&s. i might have to drag the
books out again.

The talk about picnics has been making me jealous. i would love to be in
london or sheffield and rolling about on hills. but i'm in melbourne and
it's winter. i'm at my parents house in the country and it's bloody
freezing. so all of you northern hemisphere people remember how lucky you
are right now...

Is there anyone from melbourne on the list? maybe we need out own picnic.
mayber when the weather is better (indoor picnic?).

I can understand why people want to pretend they're canadian. i know a
couple of really cool canadians.

well i will post again when i actually think of something interesting to
say. bye.  kate.