Sinister: none

Colin Ferguson csf at xxx.com
Tue Jul 18 19:52:01 BST 2000

Hi everyone!

I've been on the list ages, and this is my first post.  I've not been
waiting until something really important comes up, so don't expect this
to be remotely interesting or enlightening.

I had my first and so far only B&S dream.  It was pretty bizarre to say
the least.  Basically Stewart M was my goldfish, even though it was
silver for some reason, and I somehow managed to kill him.  I can't
remember if I ate him or just knocked him out of the bowl.  I was so
upset I was going to kill myself but then I woke up.  I've been having
a lot of bizarre half-remembered dreams lately.  The most bizarre, I
can only remember in a sense resembling deja vu: as soon as I try to
focus on them in my mind, they disappear.

I've started a new job for the summer, and it's pretty bizarre to say
the least.  I like the job, but most of the people in the office are
only about two years older than me, and a lot of them are married and/
or have kids.  It makes me feel like a naive little child, basically.
I can't even imagine being married or having kids in two years time.  I
suppose I'm only doing to job for the summer, whereas it's a career to
them, which I suppose would make a big difference in their outlook.

Nothing to do with anything, but I've had a huge disappointment.  After
it being strongly recommended to me by everyone, I read Catcher in the
Rye and it was a huge let down. It really didn't make me feel anything;
I just could not connect with Holden Cauldfield at all.  I expected it
to be an immensely enlightening and emotionally affecting read.  Plus,
call me a fascist if you must, but frankly, the prose just downright
annoyed me.  I think a far superior book on a similar theme is Billy
Liar by Keith Waterhouse.  It is superb, and was far more affecting
than Catcher in the Rye.

OK, that's me for today.  I shall probably mail this wonderful
community again in a few months, or possibly sooner, depending on how I
feel.

Bye

--
Colin