Sinister: Bleeding Gums

Will Salt wpsalt at xxx.com
Tue Jul 18 22:02:53 BST 2000

marybeth mentioned Douglas Coupland, and has got me banging my head on the
wall.  I'm *sure* I recently (ie, a few months back) bought a CD with a
track which (I think) contained an allusion to Coupland's "Microserfs",
but I haven't a clue what it was.  Aaargh!  This is going to bug me all
night, now.

What is Coupland's taste in music, anyway?  Does anyone know? ISTR he
wrote the sleeve notes to the last-but-one St. Etienne album.

Someone else said that they're going to have braces fitted on their teeth.
This is a baaaad idea, and I'm speaking from personal experience here.
When I was younger (yes, much younger than today) I had a brace cemented
behind my bottom teeth, and over the 6 months or so it was fitted my gums
grew over and completely covered part of it.  When I had it removed, the
dentist had to cut it into pieces, and try to thread the parts out of
their fleshy cocoon.  Needless to say, this *hurt*.  The first thing the
dentist said after taking out the final part was "I should have given you
an anaesthetic before doing that, I think."

On the other hand, I have no grudge about the type of braces which hold up
people's trousers.  Unless they snap back and hit me in the mouth.

Incidentally, I notice that Adrian Evans recently rejoined the list.  Are
you the bloke who used to title all his messages with the names of Devon
traffic-calming schemes?  If not, who was?  It definitely used to happen,
you know.

Bye for today,

Will S