Sinister: cruising in my little blue sinstr

GardeningAtNight at xxx.com GardeningAtNight at xxx.com
Wed Jul 19 17:53:55 BST 2000

wmh74 who should be proud of his email address asked:
<< I'm interested in hearing what people think about the Amphetameanies
(sp?).
 Haven't heard them yet...what they like? >>

There are a few sound samples on their website
(http://www.amphetameanies.co.uk), and after that you can do fun things like
try and guess the collective weight of the band to win the new album.  I
really liked what I heard but unless I win the contest I probably won't hear
any more from them seeing that the States, I am in*.

I hardly ever post because I have nothing to say (not that it stops anyone
else, but their personal lives are so much more interesting), but now I
finally had something to say.  When I sat down at the computer it went right
out of my head.

So, I could talk about the new album.  Right.  I like it.  I don't know how I
like it in comparison to everything else because new albums are incomparable
to old stuff, at least to me.  I would say it's my favorite but that's
probably because it's brand new.  But I do spend a good 5-10 minutes a day
dancing around my room to There's Too Much Love.  It's good to know I'm not
the only one.  Beyond the Sunrise reminds me of a Russian coronation song we
played this spring in school orchestra (if anyone cares, it's called Boris
Gudinov, I know I spelled that wrong).  And just like the B&S song, we all
hated it at first but it eerily grew on us whether we liked it or not.

I got my B&S ampersand (I hate that word, I just call it "and-thingy") shirt
yesterday.  I thought I was outsmarting the sizing demons by ordering it a
size larger than my bus shirt but it fits the funniest of all band shirts I
have.  Kind of like a potato sack in some places but not in others.  I tried
on the bus shirt again and it's starting to look better.  Wearing white makes
me look tan, which is nice I guess considering I'm so pasty.  The postal lady
who delivered it was excited because she's from Scotland.  I got the
FLAPPYCLAP mug for my mom and she actually cried out in joy, at least I hope
it was joy.  She's obsessed with mugs.  I love my mom.

Oh, speaking of mom.  We got our vanity license plate yesterday.  She wanted
it to say LOOPER because as I said, she's a very cool mom, but that name was
already taken.  So what did we end up with?  SINSTR.  I think she's okay with
it now but she still thinks it's a bit weird.  She felt a little better after
we saw a car with one that said NUTTER.  So if you live in St. Louis and you
see a blue Jetta looking rather sinister, feel free to say hi at a stoplight
but please don't honk like a maniac because I'm still paranoid about driving.
 My license test is next month, wish me luck.

My dad and stepmom have been nagging at me to get a summer job.  In theory I
should, because it would teach me responsibility and they seem to think that
if I don't, then I won't be accepted to college (yes, I know that's
ridiculous).  But the only places that will hire me without a big hassle is
McDonald's (sweatshop) and the coffee place across the street which is run by
a big scary yelling guy.  The only reason for all the hassle is that I'm 1
month under 16, but I feel a guilt trip coming on because I'm not being
productive or something.  I guess the whole point of complaining about this
is the hope that someone sympathetic out there has some ammo (in word form) I
can use to shut my dad up about it.  He expects perfect grades and lots of
extracarricularness, he doesn't know me at all.  I'm planning to work next
summer anyway.. it's the principle of the situation, or something.  Blah.

A MOMENT FOR JEN

Did you get my letter?  Whenever I put stickers on envelopes it confuses the
postal animals and they postmark it in about 5 places because they somehow
forget what a stamp looks like compared to a Snoopy sticker.

Just one question before I go - where could I find that song people were
talking about not too long ago, Rhoda?  Like so many things, I've heard *of*
it but I haven't heard it.  But I'd really like to.

Love,
Samantha

* Yes, that really was horrible, I shouldn't be allowed to talk to anyone
after a night of no sleep.