Sinister: Colin and his dream of fishes...

Joan of Dark sink at xxx.gr
Sun Jul 23 11:30:11 BST 2000

Hi there lovely people...

First of all, on the subject line...I apologise to Colin(Ferguson) but I
just couldn't supress the urge of saying this.Hope I don't have to pay
for any copyrights or anything like that....My inspiration came from
Colin's dream of Stewart being a goldfish...

"I had my first and so far only B&S dream.  It was pretty bizarre to say

the least.  Basically Stewart M was my goldfish, even though it was
silver for some reason, and I somehow managed to kill him.  I can't
remember if I ate him or just knocked him out of the bowl.  I was so
upset I was going to kill myself but then I woke up. "

The strange thing is that I had a goldfish once and I had named it Colin
(after Radiohead's Colin )But it somehow died although I was being very
attentive to it...I was very upset when this happened too....but I
wouldn't go as far as to kill myself...Well maybe if my goldfish sang
Lazy Line Painter Jane or Dog on Wheels (Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying
in this particular case) I'd prolly slit my wrists for letting it
die....

Hmmm...are there any other fellow sinisterines from Greece??I know there
are at least 5 so don't go hiding under beds or inside closets ....come
forward or I'll have to drag you out!: ) Maybe we could organise a
meeting or something one of these days in the summer....You can just
email me privately and we'll work something out....

Samantha wrote:
Whenever I put stickers on envelopes it confuses the
postal animals and they postmark it in about 5 places because they
somehow
forget what a stamp looks like compared to a Snoopy sticker.

*Yeah, I know what you mean Sam,- I hope you don't mind me calling you
Sam....: )
Postal people are rather incomprehensible beings.Although I like
postmans......I HAVE to like postmans or at least show them I do-they
get hold of stuff that's very important to me, before me, and I have to
make sure it will finally make it to my mailbox-
.....they never seem to be as responsible as they should. I constantly
seem to be losing mail and once an envelope was placed in my mailbox
slashed open and a stamp was missing but the thing is that the letter
and some photos that were inside were also destroyed...Of course noone
knew a thing....

Martin Wilson wrote: (on Flaming Lips)

 They're OK but the words are far too clever monkey for my taste and the
tunes are a bit ho hum. According to their web site they do "stuff" live
so perhaps someone who's seen them will tell me different

*Well........how could I possibly know???Flaming Lips were supposed to
be playing in Rockwave Festival, the biggest summer festival here in
Greece, on the 12th of July and guess what!!They cancelled their act!!!
Why???......  "oh....err....it was just TOO hot for their
milkywhitehypersensitivewellpampered majesties......"And, as far as I
know... one of the things they do on stage is daubing themselves with
butter....Maybe that's why they canceled their act after all....you know
butter has that incomprehensible tendency to melt when it's hot. Imagine
the Flaming Lips dripping melted butter and blue mascara on stage...The
reason looks like sheer fear of humiliation to me!!! ; )

By the way.......on Rockwave........

->Muse were OK....not what I expected though..They seemed to be trying
really hard to get a dignified result....Others liked them but most of
the audience sorted out other things while they were on....

->Moby...well, what can i say about Moby...I've seen him live three
times already and he's just incredible.I can't probably describe my
feelings with words. Whoever hasn't lived the Moby experience....try not
to miss it next time....He's really popular here and he knows exactly
how to pay people back  for their admiration and love.He gives it all on
stage.I was dancing nonstop throughout his act like a loon  on
drugs...which I wasn't......on drugs I mean......

->Oasis...strangely enough they were quite good as well.I was in the
third row and I was finally able to get close encounters with the little
Gallagher..They played a good set -thanks God, only 2-3 songs from the
new album-although they only played one encore because something
happened to the microphone...Liam got really pissed off and started ,
you know, being "nice" to the audience....

PF wrote:
Can anyone remember what they were doing on NYE 1990?

On New Years Eve 1990...Let me see......I was all alone in the house
with my mum, my father was at  work and we were watching TV after having
some sort of NYE dinner I guess....we were watching the opening of a new
channel....Some feast......

On the other hand....I can go as far back in the past as NYE 1987...when
I was 5 or so....I spent the whole night crying  cos I was informed by
my mother that 1987 was just one year and that this particular year
would never-ever come back again.There wouldn't be another 1987
.Never...And that turned my crying into a desperate woe...I couldn't
grasp how other people would "never-ever" live their own 1987 and how it
would be just for once.That incredible, magical year for me. I wanted my
life to be an endless 1987, well if not all...then ....every second or
third year, I could do with that I guess....But that was it....the clock
struck 12 and 1988 was there....... a shiver went down my spine...I
think I should celebrate a 1987 day some day...Something like a Past
Year's Eve. I would plaster the walls with my paintings from the
kindergarten, take all my old dolls and toys out of their boxes and sit
them around the table and serve them tea and biscuits and some of those
colourful candies that melted in the mouth that our teacher would treat
us for being good little boys and little girls and take our afternoon
nap.....All this in the sound of a Smurf's tape...a remnant of those
times.......

PF wrote:
I went looking for a cut-price 'Souvlaki' / 'Going Blank Again',

What is that "Souvlaki" you mention PF??As far as I know it's a greek
cuisine plate....well, not plate....looks like a taco but for us greek
people it's like your -"your" counts if you're english- fish and
chips....Who would have been so weird as to name a band (cos that's what
I suspect it to be) after.......souvlaki???

Okay, that's me for now, I know this was rather long and....almost out
of the subject -but what other subject could there be apart from trying
to get closer to each other....
*Hmmm...An international community of all us sinister people....taking
over the rest of the world ,keeping joyful flags flying and putting
flowers in the hair of  punk and metal and grunge people that always
seem so sad and aggressive... daubing Flaming Lips with apple butter and
dragging B&S onto the stage for the biggest and most colourful gig of
the world-ever...*

Beautiful sunny mornings to  you all......

Joanna

PS: On Christianity.......I'm not the kind of person I want to be...But
I'm quite sure, this is nothing to do with god..........