Sinister: the cube we had for fresh air...

LunaLilly at xxx.com LunaLilly at xxx.com
Sun Jul 23 17:16:34 BST 2000

Yes, hello.

  How might you all be? I think some of you might say very well and some
might just look at me and not say anything at all and which in this case I
would know that meant awful. So I had a weekend from dream world. What do I
mean? Oh well this is what happened....I am going on a trip to Europe and I
have no money since my business decided it didn't want to work for about 2
months and silly me I kept spending like it worked better than ever. So I was
hearing these things about these medical studies that take place the town
over. I like the town over. It's pleasant. My friend's parents live there
too...so we frequent it. OK back to the subject.....I decided to do one of
these studies. It was to pay $830.00 and a friend loaned me a nice chunk too.
Well, I go there on Thursday night....managed to find some nice boys to chat
with about books and so on.....we all went to sleep knowing we were to be
woken at 6 am to have tubes (IV's) into our arms. Ok so I wake up and manage
to walk into the ward....there were 12 of us on this particular study....and
after going through the hell of having tubes stuck into my veins.....the
started to take my blood...out of one of the tubes mind you.....Ok to make
this long boring story short...I got so so so sick from the med. they gave
me. It was so awful.....I got to go outside like 2 times and it was this
courtyard and all you could see when you looked up was this tiny patch of
sky. Just awful. And everyone in there was smoking (there were 5 other
studies taking place)....I found another nice boy....sort of a hippie...not
my fav.....but he was so sweet. Then the throwing up started. I threw up so
much and so violently.....my abs hurt very badly the next day. Not that you
wanted to hear this. So I have to go back next week and do the same thing
over. What have I become? It's quite sad to know you are subjecting yourself
to torture for money. My veins are so bruised too....like a junkie. Then my
batteries went out in my walkman and I couldn't listen to Belle and Sebastian
or anything else for that matter. Oh well. I think it will be ok next week. I
managed to paint my friends parents house yesterday and I also managed to
walk about that town covered in my paint clothes and but some nice music. So
what am I complaining about? Ok I am sorry to subject you to this awful
email......maybe you won't have even read this far. But thanks if you
did....Olivia