Sinister: i want to be a feminist, but i can't afford the books

feather boa feather-boa at xxx.com
Mon Jul 24 22:21:07 BST 2000

hello sinister sisters and brothers,

i finally saw high fidelity today.  it's been one of my favourite books about music for a very long time, and the film definitely did it justice (although why the random skate-punks at then end, i thought the book was fine?).  and i thought dick (the b&s fan) was lovely, and he actually looked and talked like (some of) the male fans that i have met, so that was perfect, although i thought that it should have been a band like the olivia tremor control rather than green day that he bonded with his love over. yes.

what else? i hear you cry.  my brother is staying with some friends of his near brighton, and hasn't yet phoned home tonite, so there is panic on the streets of london, as various parents stress out over nothing.

and i went and had a picnic with some of my friends in hyde park on saturday night, yes, when steps were playing.  but i thought of you the whole way through, honest.

i am spending the summer wasting (inevitably), but tomorrow i'm off to see tate modern, with a picnic lunch.  so if anyone sees a girl on the south bank with jarvis cocker specs and black flares, then it's probably me, but don't be too sure, there's a lot of us about.

pip pip,

FB

chickclick.com
http://www.chickclick.com