Sinister: Frotate the hands, chaval, who you walk like a paleto

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 25 12:55:49 BST 2000

hello babies

being

a)  only just capable of speaking one language and
b)  fascinated by crappy attempts at universal translators

I thought i'd stick the struan spanish interview through babel, with <cough>
hilarious consequences.  I'll not post the whole thing as Maria did such a
wonderful job of translating, but here are a couple of choice quotes.

"Fold your hands, child, you walk like to peasant' (Frotate the hands,
chaval, who you walk like a paleto), its room album, when they have known
the popularity (within its debatable elitist circle)...

although a little quick-tempered person knows to ripen his cultivated
British arrogance with abundant humor...

Evidently, I hope that bandage million, but that depends on the public...

Sometimes I believe that we look ourselves like The Band Beta"

It's like fall lyrics innit, maybe that's Mark E Smith's new job,
translator.

Also the last paragraph where they talk about Beepster looks a bit strange,
I didn't think the band had much to do with the actual running of the label.
I wonder who the new jeepster bands will be...

maybe it'll be a whole new world of shoegazing bands.

To our greek correspondent, Joanna, who mentioned Souvlaki, i believe the
Pine Fox was referring to the Slowdive record of that name, although Goinbl
Yankagin (to give it it's correct spelling) is a hag eel-based delicacy from
the Urals that i fear PF would have difficulty tracking down at any price,
even in cosmopolitan Greenwich.

Going back once again to Struan's impending 6 months off, my mother's got
some hedges that need trimming and a pantry that needs painting if he's at a
loose end, she's always saying she could do with a good handy man, and she
could recommend him to all her other single/widowed/divorced middle-aged
friends, that would keep him occupied, and earn him a bit of beer money
too...

xoxo

CarsmileSteve

PS hi to everyone i saw on Saturday in lun-ding, so, what's on this week ;)