Sinister: I saw those twins from the cover yesterday

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Wed Jul 26 07:03:32 BST 2000

Yes, I did. Those two girls played here in Finland with their band Mum (the
letter u in the middle has this funny thing above it), and they very pretty
good. Ugh, but you don't want to hear about it.

Picture the scene. Me standing there, drinking my beer. Remembering that Mum
are at the same record label in Iceland as are Sigur Ros: Bad Taste Records.
Ooh, discovery numero one.

Then my girlfrind (howdy) saying: "Hey, aren't those the girls from the
cover? And Bowlie?"
Well spank my arse and chew my erect nipples: Yes they were THOSE girls, and
I couldn't help myself. I continually stared at them the whole evening
through.

Now THAT was weird. Not me staring at them (I stare at beatiful people all
the time, until Maria hits my kneecaps with an iron bar so that it really,
really, really hurts), but the idea that I went to see the band without even
knowing that those twins would be there. And hey, all you sexy boys out
there, who think of picking them up and becoming engaged to either of them:
forget it, They looked so good you'd never have the nerve to go and talk to
them.

I thought about that for a second: going up to them and saying that I've
seen them before, then trying to be funny, possibly grinning at my joke,
then asking them if they've had fun here and... then fucked off.

I've always wondered this: Do people actually get something out of the fact
that they've talked to this bassist or that singer? We know that groupies do
it just for the fact that they get a kick out of saying that they've shagged
with someone "WHO'S IN THAT BAND, YOU KNOW?"
Maybe people who (just) want to talk to the members of the band are groupies
on a mental level: they love it when they know they've talked to that singer
"FROM MY BAND, YOU KNOW?" And then they can tell their friends and write to
various newsgroups and mailinglists that they've chatted with the singer,
"who was really nice, by the way, and did I mention it was so great, he's
really down to earth and..."

Spare me.

But hey, you don't get syphilis from being a mental groupie, so that's nice.

@--->--- Jace "I'll Have To Get Myself A New Nick Since This One Isn't ThaT
Good" le PetitE