Sinister: enchantment under the sea

sophie harris sophiesea at xxx.com
Wed Jul 26 11:38:23 BST 2000

morning stargazers and pop pickers
heres a thing that might interest some of you - new september Select has a
two page 'spread' of our very own (ahem) mister murdoch. 's touted on the
front as a b&s interview as in 'stu breaks silence' kinda thing - and i
flicked through fast my fingers could carry me, through the bizcuity 182
rubbish and the like - and found........... the max the car article! the
very same! and not brand and spanking new feecha at all. i was utterly
disappointed, and i cant help but think its a bit shit that select can't
pull off their own feature, hmmmmm. *however* - accompanying the piece is a
*looooverly* grainy winsomish pic of struan in caff type place, and then a
little insert pic of stru at the wheel (ooh upper arms....) looking tres
dapper.

golly, we've just changed the cd to a lady called 'vashti bunyan'! and nadja
and robert are playing the 'would you rather shag....' game  and the choice
is (splutter) bill wyman or ringo starr. horrid. we all settled for ringo,
reluctantly. vashti is quite lovely - ever so pretty and wearing a little
scarf and an apron, standing in a cottage doorway. 'ccording to the sleevey
notes, she was 'ejected from art school in 1964 for failing to choose
between writing songs and painting' aaww - she dallied with decca for a bit,
then set off roaming round england in a horse drawn cart - yay. i thoroughly
recommend vashti.  actually she reminds me a bit of the songs madeleine used
to sing in bagpuss, only not quite so annoying.

anyhoo, those are my wednesday tuppeny bits - hope today brings you all
sparkly joy, and happy listening.

lovelovelove
xs

p.s (they do seem to be all the rage just now) - i say aye to the house of
love. that guy chadwick  is a horror and looks like a rectangle, *but*
destroy the heart is special, and goes very nicely after mbv's strawberry
wine on a tape... however, my 1st h.o.l (the one with christine) is on
vinyl, so i cant play it, and my butterfly album is on tape, and it's
snapped. so i may be listening with rose tinted ears....
pps (they are nice aren't they?) another aye to more londenny outings -
twood be splendid :)