Sinister: Howdy from Texas and welcome to my first post!

Lisa & Lee leesa at xxx.com
Fri Jul 28 00:29:54 BST 2000

Howdy from Texas, y'all Sinisterines!
I am newly out of the nursery and also new to the wonders of Belle and
Sebastian. Pardon me whilst I swoon over this band! I am in love with their
music in a way that, quite honestly, I hadn't really expected to be with a
band ever again. (My other faves are David Sylvian, Cocteau Twins, Tori Amos
and of course lotsa good Brit pop!) I knew *of* B&S for a year or so, but
hadn't found the time to give them a listen. Actually, the movie "High
Fidelity" reminded me to check them out, so the next time I went into my
friendly lil' indie record shoppe, 33 degrees, I gave "fishy clap" a listen.
I was, and remain, smitten. Over the next few days, I felt the compulsion to
hunt down and purchase all of their catalogue. Now's the time for mugs and
teeshirts, methinks. Hope this isn't too rambling...surely you've time for
someone who's getting to know what you've all known for years now, the
subtle hybrid of pop folk wonderment that is B&S.
I must also mention how much I'm enjoying the well crafted posts on this
here listie-poo. Reading narratives about folks' lives in England and
Scotland, Canada, New York, etc. is always a plus, as these are some of my
favourite places on the planet. Nice to hear from people who actually get to
live in them! Once I've been on the list a bit longer (just a few weeks so
far) I will be able to reference names and such , but for now I'm just
trying to keep up with the threads of conversation. Picnics sound like a
great way to celebrate our superior aesthetic senses. Anyone ever think of
one in Texas? We should probably wait for the summer to be over tho'...100
degrees + doesn't really inspire one to pic and nic.
Um, I shall wait until I can craft a personal narrative that has some
relevance to the list before I subject you to the effluvia and detritus of
my life.
Just another Texas Belle,
Lisa H. p.s. send me email if you're of a mind to!
leesa at ccsi.com