Sinister: clever searches or partially recycled content

Youn J. Noh ynoh at xxx.edu
Sun Jul 30 03:38:52 BST 2000

Hi,

If you ever get bored and didn't belong to this list before April 1998,
may I recommend a list search for 'Left Banke'?  Then go down to this
entry: 199804/msg00357: No Subject
       From: owner-sinister at xxx.
Of course there's a more straightforward way of looking, but the Left
Banke entries are interesting (it was the roundabout way I got there).
The post itself is an interview with Stuart and Chris.  Explanations for
'mad Murdoch' come to mind, and Chris comes across as an endearing serious
student of music & philosophy.  I like how in the MTV interview Chris
thanked the person who asked about the Wurlitzer keyboards twice.

I noticed that a lot of the music that I like is called 'baroque' by
knowledgeable people.  Would anybody be kind enough to recommend
interesting classical music from the baroque period?  (I prefer concertos
to orchestral music.)  Thanks.

For those who have been mentioning Flin Flon, it turns out that it's the
(new) band of Mark Robinson from Unrest.  (You probably already knew
that.)  I hope you get a chance to hear Unrest.  I recommend Perfect
Teeth.  I haven't heard Flin Flon yet, but intend to get something as soon
as I can.

bye,
Youn