Sinister: fido, your leash is too long

Ronan Barrett ronando2 at xxx.ie
Sun Jul 30 17:12:28 BST 2000

Not wanting to post the only message that I have written in the last year as
it didn't quite take me the 15 minutes to write (it went: "Last night I had
my first B&S dream.  I dreamt Legal Man wasn't shit."), I decided to wait
until I had something positive to say before posting for the first time in a
year.
So, Stephin Merritt is as much of a genius live as on record.  Even if the
songs weren't nearly all things of utter beauty, just seeing this odd,
serious little man singing "Let's pretend we're bunny rabbits/Let's do it
all day long" would put a smile on anyone's face.  Even the venue was great,
nice leather seats to fall into for a prematurely old fogey like myself who
likes his comfort at gigs.  I'm sure non-believers here are getting tired of
hearing this at this stage, but do buy 69 Love Songs please.  6 months on, I
still listen to this as much as the great one-month old Badly Drawn Boy LP
and the sadly patchy "Fold Your Hands.."  £16 or so for 3 CDs has to be
worth a chance.
By the way, if anyone out there has a tape of the Birmingham gig Stephin
played do let me know and I'll swap you for my friend's soul or something.

See ya

Ronan