Sinister: the hickey underworld

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Mon Jul 31 02:42:43 BST 2000

one can always count on stephen hewitt to bring up hag eels again....i'm
sure he keeps a whole bunch of them around in a 'pleasure tank' in his
velvet lined basement...oh my!

i used the quadratic formula today!
and i don't take math and havn't taken math for some 2 years now! woo!
i did have to look it up in a book but at least i knew what to do with it
and knew that i needed to know it to solve the problem i was faced with...
you see i'm building a couch.  i've been studying architecture at summer
school here and i've gotten all excited about building, but since a whole
building is completely beyond me i'd start with a couch.  also i need a new
couch as my existing one is completely fucked up.  and you need the
quadratic equation to work out some of the couch math you'll have to do.
i'll also need to use trigonometry soon too, so we'll see how sharp i really
am.

i've more or less finished thinking about it and i'm just straightening
things out a bit and looking at the practical attributes of various
materials.  so far it'll look like a piece of scaffolding cross bred with a
shopping cart.  and then cushions and hammocks and things.  i'm also looking
forward to welding! does anyone else on the list weld?  i havn't done any of
that since grade 12 so i can't wait to get back in the swing of things!
oooh welding! and i'm talking about arc welding here, not just scaled up
soldering...the real stuff.  the stuff that could make you go blind.

which is why the church was against it for so long.

i believe the first arc welding to ever be used in the construction of a
church (excepting frank lloyd wright's unity temple for unitarians) was
sometime in the late 70's.  serious.  the pope can't stand it.

oh.  also i'm telling lots of complete and utter lies today.

also its blueberry season!

and i had some corn yesterday.

woo!

i just thought i'd share.