Sinister: I don't think he's a real punk boy

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 31 13:06:41 BST 2000

Hello

Birthdays are BLUDDY GRATE aren't they.  Even when you
have to go to work and get called an old giffa (only
25 fer gawds sake!) and then they present you with an
inflatable sex doll painstakingly constructed from
ordinary ballons.  Ace.  And then there's the pressies
like record tokens ('the gift that keeps on giving' I
suppose is a better slogan than 'like money but more
limited') and the booze...  Oh the bouze...  Going
down the pub for absolutely AGES and suddenly
realising that you and your friends are in reality
comic geniuses and everything you say never fails to
make everyone laugh...

And waking up the next day in a previously
unparallelled amount of pain and suddenly there's the
crushing realisation that a third of your life has
disappeared only to be recycled as hilarious anecdotes
by you, your family and your friends (they were
laughing with me and not at me weren't they?)...

Oh and going shopping guilt free 'cos its your
birthday and you're allowed to indulge - am I the only
boy who actually enjoys shopping? - and buy clothes
you might only ever wear once.  And TONS of CDs like
Sulk by The Associates which has just been re-released
and is a phucking wonderful glittery slice of mad 80s
decadence.  If only Billy Mackenzie were still alive
and wailing today.

And spending the whole of Sunday in the pub.  Or even
better a number of pubs.  By the sea.  Drinking.  But
I don't need it to be my birthday to do that.
Everyone should really - better than church any day -
and they don't water down the wine.

Sorry again.

Robster

P.S. Might be some content in the next post - oh who
am I kidding?