Sinister: meet ups and hang ups...

idle berry idleberry at xxx.com
Mon Jul 31 14:00:52 BST 2000

Hello my sinister darlings,
Well, seeing as I am back in Embra for the time being,
at least until my gallant boyfriend comes to whisk me
off to Bournemouth, I thought I'd offer you the chance
to meet up with me? if anyone is up for it?
I am going to a gig on Thursday 3rd August at the Tron
in Embra, if any of you would like to come along and
meet me.
Its The Acoustic Underground at The Tron, with Neil
Ashford. It starts at 7.30pm, and as I am going,
thought any of you other high brow culture vulture
festival goers might wanna pop along and say hello to
me. Please feel free to e mail me and say if you wanna
join me and meet up, as I would dearly like to meet
some of my Scottish siblings. Was very sad I didn't
get a chance to go to the sinister picnic, but this is
my way of trying to make it up to you.

In the meantime, heres a review of Mr Ashford from
"Corduroy Smoke" The Embra indie darling fanzine.

As for the hang up bit... well, my coat has a hook on
it with which I am able to hang it up. arf.

choke you later,
Idles.

corduroy smoke- The Edinburgh indie kid fanzine-
SUMMER 2000

NEIL ASHFORD- CANNONS GAIT

If music were a beverage, then this young man would
almost certainly be coffee.
 Dark, strong, and incredibly addictive melodies. Not
watered down, unlike most
so-called acoustic bands that are currently making
waves on the Edinburgh music circuit,
Neil manages to blend beauty with a twist of
bitterness in his lyrics.
His voice is powerful, really, and quite possibly what
could only be described as
the tones of Thom Yorke and Stuart Murdochs lovechild.
With a slightly scorched edge to it.
Perhaps the best of these would have to be "Black
River" with which Neil acomplishes what
most muscians could only dream of.
Black River launches us into a bitter, dark and
haunting world of music, and recieves
rounds of applause, not undeservingly, from a
spellbound audience.
While Neil remains a newcomer to the Edinburgh music
scene, he is certainly injecting a
much needed kick up the arse of acoustic music as it
now stands.

	RATING: Starbucks could use this recipe for potency.