Sinister: Faggy but nice

Alder, Lucy lucy.alder at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 1 14:22:33 BST 2000

Hello you glorious little specimens of humanity

I HATE MY JOB BIT
Yesterday, on the way home, this woman I work with said "I do like your
shoes Lucy.  Weren't they in fashion two or three seasons ago?"  They're
just black ballet shoes with little bows on them and I don't give a toss if
they're fashionable or not because I like them.  Grrr!  And this, too, from
the office fashion doyenne, in her navy sandals with sensible heels and
thick straps.  GRRRRR!

WEEKEND BIT
Having recently undergone the rigours of a splendidly ROCK picnic, I decided
to spend last weekend quietly at my Mum and Dad's house.  However, no sooner
did I step through the front door, than the parents announced that we'd be
going for a nice walk in the countryside.  I looked down at my skirt and
pristine trainers and grimaced but, not wanting to cause offence, agreed to
go along.  Bad idea.  After an hour and a half of hacking across cow pat
spattered fields, picking my way down sheltered (and therefore not exposed
to the sun and therefore VERY MUDDY) pathways, and negotiating splintering
stiles and rusty kissing gates somewhere in the middle of the wilderness we
like to call Surrey, I was in a bit of a state and so were my Stan Smiths.
Dad was very chivalrous and beat back the stinging nettles with a big stick
and Mum rewarded me with a hug slab of sponge cake in the tea shop, but I
was still pretty pathetic.  Much as I'd love to be a rosy cheeked lass,
dressed in florals and fearless of cattle, I can only conclude that I'm a
complete townie.  Not in the Kappa/Reebok Classics sense though.  Obviously.

PROPS BIT
I'd like to thank Calumn for giving me the biggest laugh I've had in ages.
I thought I took an unflattering photograph, but some of his pictures
outshine mine by miles and miles.  Every photo ever taken of me is rotten so
I can't really talk, but my nomination for Mr Photogenic 2000 goes to poor
Carsmile Steve, who deserves particular recognition for his outstanding
dance moves up on the stage - funky!  I'm not making up any captions though,
because they'll be shite and unfunny.  I've just collected my own pictures
from Boots, so watch out all those of you I caught trying on items from a
lady's wardrobe and/or wearing blood red nail varnish.  And especially watch
out if you hung a Hello Kitty nightie from your ears, you fool.

PICNIC BIT
Scots!  Lock up your vodka!  I've got the afternoon off work next Friday and
it's looking increasingly likely that I'll be heading norf of the border
just in time for the Edinburgh picnic.  You have been warned.

So, Isobel could be the new Britney, eh?  I wonder if she wore a PVC catsuit
to record Top of the Pops.

Juicy Lucy

--
This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the