Sinister: you dont have to watch dynasty to have an attitude

Paula Cullen p.cullen at xxx.com
Thu Jun 1 15:02:15 BST 2000

hola!

that review thing nick sent in, yeah?
well, where it described la campbell as:

"the giggling, sweetly nervous cellist".

i read:

"the giggling, sweaty, nervous cellist".

no really, i did.
im not just being nasty.
(moi?)

after a marathon 10 hour Bouzeathon yesterday (incorporating a tacky "NITE"
club with The Townies - AKA My New Bessie Mates) we were walking (see also:
stumbling) around town trying to get a taxi.
i was doing a quite passable "Thats Amore!" for the benefit of my friends
when we bumped into these american blokes.
they said they were here on their "vacation" and they were from Michigan,
to which i replied "oooh, i've got a yellow jumper with Michigan written on
it!"

(americans dont say "jumper" though, do they?
they say "sweater" or something silly like that.
isobel must have been wearing one of those when she encountered that pesky
reporter...)

i think they must have thought i was breeding yellow showhorses and cruelly
branding their arses with "MICHIGAN" or something, cos they were looking at
me like i had two heads.
there's also the possibility that they couldn't unnerssshhhhtand what i was
shhhhaaayinggg, of course.

anyway, where is this going?
oh yeah.
they said they were going to see pearl jam tonight and asked were we going
(like, *wild horses* couldn't stop me....).
so we started talking about music.
i asked them did they know B&S.
they didn't.
oh well.

i see there is a picnic in Dublin this weekend.
hmmm, i wonder how many will show up for that. the last time we tried to
organise a meetup here, 4 people showed up.
thats 4, *including* me.
i spent the whole night talking to myself as i was the most interesting
person there.
and thats a Bad Sign.

i apologise if this mail sucks filthy plums.
but there you go.

Paula C, Bouze E. (c. carsmile, 2000)