Sinister: diary (fwd)

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Thu Jun 1 16:37:09 BST 2000

More of the band's online diary below, this time from Chris.  UK residents
don't forget the band's appearance on TOTP tomorrow night at 7:30.  They're
probably recording it... right now.

Honey x

***

Diary of a Band 26/05/00

This is a  strange time for the group.  Obviously there's a lot going on
with the single coming out, and the possibility of our biggest hit, and
maybe being on TV and stuff.   But we've not all been together for weeks.
I'm sure the last time we were all in the same room was at the press
conference down in London, and before that for the video, but as to when we
last were doing any music I honestly can't remember.  It's frustrating
especially because last week myself and Andrew Divine were working on
Landslide, a song of Isobel's that Evie Sands sang when she was here last
year.  Listening to the track which was recorded quite a while ago really
made it apparent how much we'd improved over the course of working on the
record.  It's a shame not to be able to carry straight on.
No doubt a few of you will have seen the NME feature last week.  It is a
strange situation where a music journalist who doesn't like our music
attacks us, and Stuart in particular for not being vocal enough about our
politics, which he seems to sympathise with.   Anyway I thought Stuart came
out of it okay.  Anyone who pays any attention to what is happening in the
world is bound to come to the conclusion that things need to change in some
fundamental way if life for the majority of people is ever going to be
better, but do people really need an indie band to tell them this?   If you
feel like a dose of reality read the book No Logo,  an indictment of todays
global lifestyle brands.
I'd hoped to be able to tie things up in some neat way since this is the
last one, but since most of you are probably away for the summer anyway it
doesn't really matter.  I guess the album will sum up the last year for us
better than anything I could say here.  So I'll just give a quick plug for
my clubs - Tuesdays at Yang and Fridays at the Brewery Tap - and wish everyone
a good summer.

Chris Geddes