Sinister: but struan DID look cute on the cover of the NME and who ARE the smiths anyway?

sophie watkinson sophie at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 1 21:40:57 BST 2000

*SHEFFIELD/NOTTINGHAM
just looked through calumn's pics of the picnic and 2000TT etc which
made me even more jealous cos i wasn't able to attend, which makes me
even more determined when i say YES YES YES to Katy; you must do a
picnic in sheffield or nottingham {i just typed [k]nittingham by
accident, tee hee}  becasue then my exams will be over and ill be able
to come.

*NET COMMUNITY*
after that nme piece...no don't delete......even my friends started
calling me names for being on sinister. one of my best mates stuck
swell's quotes all over her room, even though shes a b&s fan herself,
and made sure everyone knew how 'sad' and 'geeky' i am for going on
mailing lists etc. looks like i need to find some new friends huh?
so yes, caroline, i agree with you. although shame is a bad thing, im
sometimes embarrassed to admit to commiting such sins as going on chat
room (*gasp*) and subscribing to mailing list (*scream*).

but whoever it was that wrote it (sorry, can't remember) you're right.
its not a substitute for friends: ive got a few of them in the flesh.
although many of my net friends are REAL friends. it's just so much
easier to talk to someone with the same interest on the internet: search
"belle and sebastian" and stumble across 1300 fans who *want to talk*.
can't be bad. if i wrote a poster in the 6th form saying: female, 17,
shy, likes...blah blah blah i don't think i'd get much of a response,
and the truth is that if you're shy then it can be hard to make friends
face to face.

*GLASTONBURY*

somebody mentioned ages ago something about a sinister meet at
GLASTONBURY. can somebody plz email me with details of this? or how i
can find out.

*NEWCASTLE/LEEDS*

is there anybody in the leeds area that would like to mail me? ive got a
whole summer to waste becasue as of NEXT WEEK i am no longer at school,
and haven't yet started uni. so, it could be therefore suggested that i
am FREE. whoopeedee. anyway, it would be nice to have someone to waste
it with, rather than being compelled to spend it in front of a computer
screen being the sad little geek that i am!
plus, is anybody at newcastle uni cos im going next year and it would be
really nice to have someone already there as a contact. although ive
vowed to myself that as of next year its no more mr shy guy (or mrs shy
gal), i know its gonna be hard for me to talk to absolute strangers.

love and teeny bops

sophie
xxxx

and they went teeny bop teeny bop all the way home.