Sinister: Seremoniamestari talossa, handut ilmaan!

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Fri Jun 2 08:44:14 BST 2000

A beer for me, please. What, you don't have any? What do you mean this is a
crackhouse?

'Allo, as they say in France.*

POLLS POLLS POLLS!

I'd forgotten about my silly little B&S- poll at
http://www.bspoll.freeservers.com ... But here are the results if you
haven't checked them out already. The question was, simply:

Belle and Sebastian: What do YOU think?

- 4% of you thought they were "corporate cock-suckers". So I quess you
didn't like that extended Judy Is A Dick Slap- on the 12-inch vinyl, eh? You
just HAD to buy it.

- 9% of you thought that "Success has gone into their heads." Ah, I see you
read NME quite a lot. Well I like Wells' writing too, but not that much. But
he had a point.

- 6% of you thought they are "Too popular these days." Oh god. You think
you're so cool, don't you?

-13% of you thought that "Korn rulez!" Bunch of freaks, you are.
YEAAAARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!

- And finally, 70% of you thought: "I prefer the old stuff, so I must be
cool." I think you had a real problem deciding between "Too popular these
days" and this one, eh? Don't get me wrong, I would've chosen this one too.
But I've always found it funny when people think of the good old days, when
music was still music and men had decent haircuts. And B&S still made music
for the sake of music, instead of just trying to get a good chartposition
(Legal man, anyone?)

HELL-SINKI MEET UP

17 people showed up. I made some cool looking flyers but never got the nerve
to pass them around. But the day before the meet up (in Koff Park, which
apparently is just like Primrose Hill) me& Maria (that sexy little devil)
went to see this band and saw some friends there and invited them to come
along too. I had "Fold your hands etc" promotape with me and we listened to
that a few times. It was nice there, the sun was shining and some bums came
up to us and asked for some fags. Oh how I wish I'd have the nerve and the
muscle to tell them to fuck off and buy their own fags.

Just this morning this smelly sad thing came up to me while I was waiting
for my tram and asked me for a fag. I told him I didn't have one, I only had
two left.
"Give me a fucking fag or I'll take your pack and beat the shit out of you!"
the man said. Oh hell, this means trouble, I thought.
"Ok, chill out." And I gave him one.
And he took the cig and fucked off.
Taking pills and drinking yourself to death is fun!**

@---->---- Jace le PetitE

* I think they say that but I'm not sure. I love it when people who've never
understood a word of french use some french phrases just that they can
pretend they're intellectual.

**All drunks aren't like that. But whenever stuff like this happens to me,
it makes me wish our welfare wouldn't hand out easy money for these sorry
little sods.***

***And don't call me a horrible person. Tomorrow I wont even remember the
incident and I'll take back everything I said.