Sinister: To start with, who's the hell are Belle and Sebastian?

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 2 11:05:12 BST 2000

Today is the T-Day, isn't it?Everybody at 7.30 at home in front of the
box, as in the old times.To be honest, in our house that normally happens
every week,we live in 1989 permanently.

Will Struan be wearing silver trousers? Will Isobel be welcomed on
Saturday morning by tabloids' harassment concerning her fondness of
furs?We should have made organised bets on which colours will be favoured
in such 'magna ocasion',as with royal weddings (before 1989).

For the ones fluent in Spanish (Mad*Starry*People,for instance) or anyone
patient/obsessed enough to be translating with Babel, Spanish daily 'El
Pais', in its Friday guide called 'El Pais de las Tentaciones'opens with
an interview with our Media Man,that is, Richard.The web address is :
http://www.tentaciones.elpais.es/T/D/20000602

Some interesting quotes from the article:'Are they just another gang of
embittered self-sufficient ones,so abundant in Indieworld?Not really.But
if we pay attention to the British musical press,those don't get worse
than these'.Richard highlights that 'collectivity' is the key word in the
band,that's why they would feel closer to Sly and the Family Stone than to
the Smiths.If you want to connect this with The Guardian's review worries
on songs not written by Murdoch, I am afraid that is not going to change
in short-term.It is political this time, musical koljos.Do The Bluetones
know what collectivization means?

A.