Sinister: Gorilla attacks Belle & Sebastian on Top Of The Pops debut - NME

Warrander John - FML WarranderJ at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 2 13:42:35 BST 2000

Hello Sinister List,

So Steven Wells attacks Belle And Sebastian on TOTP!

http://www.nme.com/newsdesk/20000602113938.html

Mmm, maybe sad old men should just bog off and rot honourably in a dark,
damp corner somewhere. That's what I did. And look at me now. I shag birds
and father sprogs and everything. I really do. And I'm such a sad git I even
have pictures to prove it.

www.warrander.co.uk

When I read chapter 2 of my HTML book things will be even better.

I actually thought Steven Wells' article was quite funny. Surely making him
really, really angry is top of the list of pop priorities for any half
decent pop combo. Making him confused is even better. I'll bet Steven Wells
hates the Pastels too. Stupid cunt. Murdoch's letter was quite good though.
Quite the little slanging match building up there. Wouldn't it be great if
Murdoch and Wells had a fight and Murdoch kicked the shit out of him.
Possibly not as funny as Stephen Pastel kicking the shit out of him. But
still pretty good. Anyway, sorry for being several years behind everybody
else but fuck it, I'm a dad now, I'm allowed to be a prick.

Somebody called Colin I think said something about an el records compilation
being shit. I would strongly disagree with this if I had the energy.
Particularly the slur on the good name of the Wood-Be-Goods. Top poptastic
tunes with a nice bit of smart-arse 60s Brit cultural name-dropping for the
train spotters to get excited about has always been a hit in my house. Bands
on el being allowed to record whole albums was often a mistake but el
compilations were smashing. If I remember correctly. I could just be being
talking nostalgic bollocks here. But take that anyway Mr so-called-Colin.
Don't mess with the Sinister massive.

And Mr Miller thinks living above a bra shop is promising. You should try
hanging out at parent and child groups mate. Boobs popping out left, right
and centre. It's like Carry On fucking Camping in there.

I'm glad there's a huge Sinister presence in Helsinki. I'm going there soon
and I expect each and every one of you to buy me a pint. Or at least sub me
a fag. I've been reading the Moomin books for an insight into Finnish social
culture. If everything in Finland is as good as Moomin Valley then I'm
staying. Does reading Moomin books on the bus wearing a puffin club badge
make me twee by the way?

Didn't somebody on this list say something about supporting Aberdeen FC
recently? Fucking sheep shagger. I used to like nothing better than spending
a Saturday afternoon at Pittodrie watching Willie Miller strutting around,
commanding the penalty box like a ruthless Roman god of war. The only
problem is you end up in the fucking Venue watching some shit psychabilly
band every week? There's a moral here by the way. I think it's something to
do with Aberdonians all having funny squat heads.

Which reminds me, is anybody on the list from Stoke? Apparently Stoke has
the least divergent gene pool of any British city. Fancy that then.

Saturday afternoons were meant for staying at home and watching Carry On
films. Watching Babs boobs I tell you. Babs boobs.

Goodbye Sinister List,

Love...John xxx