Sinister: Priapism!

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Jun 2 14:50:50 BST 2000

I think everyone who appears on B&S sleeves is a nutter.

Although under three minutes long, "Legal Man" feels like the "Infinity and
Beyond" sequence of "2001 - A Space Odyssey". But I'm beginning to dig it.
I'm particularly keen on Chris's long-overdue Clint Boon tribute. I think
they should have turned the fuzz guitar up to eleven though, and drowned
everything else out with it.

Alix, Fuzzbox are great, aren't they? I like the one with star-shaped
sunglasses best, I bet you do too. I know Fluffy does.

I'm enjoying this B&S media circus. Richard seems a bit confused in "El
País". He seems to think B&S have been the victims of some kind of music
press conspiracy, yet I can't remember many bad reviews. In fact I can
remember far more good reviews than any band can normally expect. It's a
shame that they have to resort to this victim mentality, makes them sound
like spoilt soppy tosspots whining to their mummies. That's not the Dunkirk
spirit. Why do so many indie bands want to be associated with Sly and the
Family Stone? Surely Amon Düül II would be a closer analogy.

I often have that dream about Chris Leonard being a Lesbian.

Peter