Sinister: news and reviews

christa NOGOODNIK at xxx.net
Fri Jun 2 21:14:43 BST 2000

everyone's favorite mindless drivel publication, Entertainment Weekly, has
reviewed FYHCYWLAP, and here is what they (so eloquent and comprehensive-
such insight!!*) say:

*Originally embraced for their charming innocence and 60's inspired sound,
these beloved Scottish mopes *now find themselves in the strange position of
being neither naive or fresh, and it shows on their awkward 4th *album.
Lavishly produced, the disc too often trades melodic inventiveness for
orchestral bells and whistles, *and while there are plenty of sublime
moments ("The Model" and "Woman's Realm" rank with their best), it *all
sounds a little too familiar. grade: B

ummmm... that's IT?!?!  that's a review?  YUCK!  Rob Brunner can bite me.
does this mean he liked it or what?  although, what do i really expect from
such a magazine.  Kathie Lee Gifford is focused primarily on the cover.

anyway, the news is this: there is going to be a DC-area (which includes DE,
MD, PA, VA, etc) sinister picnic on Saturday June 10.  i hope.  its going to
be from 4pm to dark in rock creek park in DC- picnic grove #9... this is
very last-minute and not very well-organized, so i hope people can come.
everyone on the list is invited, if you can make it.  bring food and games
and music and stuff to do.  we can eat and drink and talk about the new
record!  email me for more info or directions or anything.  we can always
head out to a bar or something after the sun sets and we get booted out of
the park.  we really had a blast last year, playing Frisbee and croquet and
chatting and eating (a lot!)  it was a really good time.  so try to make it
if you can, ok?!

i am presently all laid up with a cut foot.  i can't really walk or climb
steps or anything.  i attempted to take a shower this morning, and succeeded
in barely getting myself wet while getting approximately 2 inches of water
on the bathroom floor.  see, my boyfriend dropped a huge (full) bottle of
olive oil behind me, while i was standing barefoot, and it crashed all over
my ankle.  i lost a good deal of blood and think i'm still in shock or
something.  i'm hobbling around with quite a limp, and its HOT in my
apartment today.  <sigh>  someone come and take care of me.

whine whine complain bitch bitch moan whine complain.

sulking on a nice day,
.christa.

*- sarcasm