Sinister: More interviews...

elenita99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Sat Jun 3 13:10:56 BST 2000

Hello Listees,

I hope you are all OK and having a good week-end...

Following "El Pais" interview mentioned by Arantxa, there is another one
here (still in Spanish) from Mondo Sonoro, sort of free-Spanish NME or so, I
guess.

http://www.mondosonoro.com/detall_entrevista.asp?id=200882

It is based on a Richard's interview by phone.
Some rough translation of things he says...

"I believe it is our 'happier' album, to say it this way.I mean, it is an
album sounding like B&S, but the songs are indeed more open and expressive,
and generally the whole album is transmitting more energy than the previous
ones[...]
We don't really feel in or out what you call the indie scene. I can't see
much in common with a lot of the bands appearing every month, and we haven't
either a big interest in their music. I can't tell you more...it is
something that doesn't matter that much to us. Our music is here, up to you
to do something with it [...}
People think we don't do concerts because we don't like it or because we are
lazy. It is not true, the thing is that it's quite complicated doing a  B&S
gig in good conditions, because we need many instruments, a good sound and a
surround adapting to all this"

Not even two days to go before Monday...
Have a very good WE, love to you all
Elena