Sinister: feeling much better now, thank you

Rachel Taylor therach at xxx.com
Sat Jun 3 20:22:58 BST 2000

Everything feels much better in the light of day, except for my
splitting headache of course. My sincere thanks to those who replied
with words of encouragement and sympathy to my last post. I no longer
feel so grief-stricken. After all as he told me I am not losing a
Not-boyfriend but gaining a Not-boyfriend's girlfriend. Ha! Anyways I
would never be able to sleep with him, we've been friends way too long.
It is just that I have been subsidizing all of my boyfriends with him
for years and if he has a real girlfriend he will not have time to do
that anymore. You see he does all the things (well not all) with me that
the boys I date can't or won't do, like go see movies with subtitles and
take my dog for walks in the park, and play quarters and go to the
bookstore and buy me david Sedaris books, and go to the museum see? So
it is easy for me to see why another girl would want him to be her real
boyfriend, but now what will I do? Not that he's perfect, he doesn't
really like Belle and Sebastian, or any of the same music as me really,
but I've given up on finding a straight boy with good taste in music
around here that doesn't treat girls terribly. Nonetheless I will be
okay. Thanks for listening, maybe next time I will have something
interesting to say.