Sinister: Bye for now

Hester, Mark (ELS) m.hester at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 5 12:34:07 BST 2000

Hi,

>Re: Sinister: Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 16:55:29 +0100

So that's what happens when one posts without a subject line.  So now I
know.  I thought I could hear a faint voice in my ear saying "People won't
read your posts if you don't give them a subject line" in the same tone of
voice as my mother saying "the girls won't like you with spots on your face"
back in my miserable teenage acne-covered days, but lo and behold I got more
response than to my normal posts!

Calumn's picnic pics were GRATE.....in general, but oh dear, there are two
only featuring me; one of my back and the other with me looking VERY SERIOUS
INDEED.  I was trying to remember the conversation with Vicky who,
incidentally, looks very serious as well. I think the photo was probably
taken at the point when she'd asked me what I thought of "Beyond the
Sunrise".  At that stage I think I'd only heard the album once and so
matching song titles to songs was rather difficult and her supposedly
elucidating "That's the country and western one" only served to obfuscate.
Does anyone else think this is a fair description of the song?  Later I
heard it described as "like the theme to a Western" which probably comes
closer.  I don't know.  It's my least favourite song on the album, BTW.

I actually endured the top 40 to hear the latest placing of "Legal Man" and
alas, as Steve said, records don't go up the charts anymore.  Is that
because radio stations play records further in advance of the release date
than used to be the case?

I'm afraid I'm going to unsubscribe for a little while, at least until I
come back from holiday.  I can however be reached on my other e-mail address
which is mark_e_hester at hotmail.com

Hopefully I'll see some of you Toronto listees at Blowup or the Stereolab
gig at the warehouse......

Mark.