Sinister: Go the long way home...

clb112 clb112 at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 5 16:15:46 BST 2000

Okay, I know I really have to stop posting, but with all this poetry
going on...

A Bee his burnished Carriage
Drove boldly to a Rose -
Combinedly alighting -
Himself - his Carriage was -
The Rose received his visit
With frank tranquility
Withholding not a Crescent
To his Cupidity -
Their Moment consummated
Remained for him - to flee -
Remained for her - of rapture
But the humility.

(Emily Dickinson)

Mmmmmmm, not sure, give me red-raw Sylvia Plath anyday...

I've managed to read just about everything other than what I should be
reading.

Anyway, me and my mate just went into town to buy our spanking new
copies of FYHC. And I bought a discman beacuse my walkman is bust, and
because if I didn't I never would have made it back to campus (would
have gone home to play it out to the street through my open window).

I was planning to spend about £25, but the slick salesman (he had a
ponytail - its true !) sold me a £60 "jog proof" one, and then
accidental breakage cover on top of that, and THEN he tried to make me
switch from BT to Cable & Wireless, at which point I ran...

Me and my mate looked at hamsters (we're thinking of having
inter-household co-guardianship), but after buying this damn expensive
discman I'm not going to be able to afford to feed myself for a week,
let alone another hungry little mouth...(But maybe next week - any
suggestions for names ?)

Anyway, I don't want to comment on FYHC yet because my first thoughts
are unlikely to be my lasting ones, and because I've been stopping and
starting and skipping about, and because my descriptions never match
what I'm trying to say, and because this discman is tinny for all its
price...

Lots of love

Caroline

xxx

P.s. Does anyone know who wrote that poem that starts with something
like "Go the long way home" ?