Sinister: Who scored the winning goal in the 1966 world cup?

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 6 10:33:07 BST 2000

Yaaaaawwwwnnnnn

God, i'm knackered.  This is what happens when you stay up til 1 in the
morning staring at a computer screen.  Why?  Because of the MTV.com Belle
and Sebastian webchat, that's why.

And what a load of CRAP it was.  It takes something like this to remember
why it is we need music journalists.  It was Chris, Richard and Mick
answering the questions which were almost without exception banal, dull or
just plain silly (and frankly the answers weren't a whole lot better).  It
wasn't as if questions were being asked and then the moderator was following
them up to get a decent answer, it was just question, loads of waffle
between fans, one line answer (the boys must be slow typers), more waffle
and bitching about our questions not getting picked...

The two most interesting points were they'd like the Chemical Brothers to do
a remix and if Richard hadn't been a drummer he'd have tried to be a
professional snooker playa (but i think we knew that second bit, didn't we?)
Oh, and they haven't heard the new eminem single yet

the transcript will be here:

http://www.mtv.com/sendme.tin?page=/mtv/music/listening_party/belle_sebastia
n/index.html

at some point, although it'll just be the questions and answers, not the
full 'tween fan bitching and 15 year old americans asking you for sex.  Oh
and some twat asked the question in the header, don't ask...

sorry I couldn't get a full transcript, but i couldn't make it cut and
paste...

On that page they also have Realplaya video clips for Legal Man and Wrong
Girl.  The Wrong Girl vid is GRATE, what i can see though the Realplaya murk
anyway, and it has funny subtitles, which I *think* are all Dylan quotes, Ms
Waggner, would you care to confirm this :)

Anyway, i am also feeling knackered because i am taking hayfever tablets and
despite the claims of the nice woman in Boots they are making me feel like i
am lagged to buggery as they do each year.

And how come no one's mentioned There's Too Much Love.  This is currently my
FAVE track on the album, although I think it would be even better with
another verse.

** Trivia Time **

Can anyone else think of another band who steadfastly refuse to release
tracks off albums as singles?  I'm drawing a blank, but i was wondering if
there was a precedent.

xoxo

CarsmileSteve

A glasto meetup is looking more and more likely, honest, click below to find
out more :)
http://www.egroups.com/group/siniglasto