Sinister: fold your hands

Matthew Ward mattwardfhnn at xxx.com
Tue Jun 6 18:12:19 BST 2000

Hey kids.

Went to Best Buy early today (got there at the crack of 10:45), but after it
opened, so I missed the joy of hunting down the guy with the cart that puts
the new cds out. Anyway, there were 7 copies, filed nicely with Legal man, I
grabbed mine, which later turned out to have a slightly cracked case
(damnable luck), but anyway, I escaped the monument to consumerism to unwrap
and put it in my car and start listening to it in my car while I ran a
couple more albums.

Anyway, seems to be a good one. No official opinion yet (I still haven't
made up my mind about Arab Strap, you know), but nothing seems to be a
radical departure from the normal stuff. I do like the harpsichord, I must
confess, though.

On the US release, there's this insert on glossy paper that covers the top,
top front, and top bac kof the cd. The top has the title and barcode, the
front is a duplicate of the front cover, and the back is a tracklisting and
also has the US discography. I assume Matador added this, and that it's not
in the UK, since it lists only US releases (LLPJ box set, for example).

Anyway, happy US release day to everybody!

Ward

P.S. I've been having slight problems with Outlook being bitchy, I apologize
if this message has been sent multiple times. It said it didn't send. I
swear.