Sinister: dafter than daisies (no subject)

Kev kev at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 6 23:13:50 BST 2000

Hello Sinister,

So this is how it happens - tired alone and drunk with
nothing much to say but somehow craving an audience. Hey
look at me boys and girls I'm great really, honest.

There are some things, and they follow --

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN - released a new album and the first
song makes me cry.

It's probably just because it uses the same keyboard type
thingy (and I'm a bit shallow), but "Don't Leave the Light
on Baby" sounds an awful  lot like the Joni  Mitchell song
Woodstock. It's my favourite song on the album, even if just
for the sentiment and delivery of "It's been a bloody stupid
day", which I just wish I'd thought of saying because it
applies to 95% of mine.

STUART DAVID IS A SLACKER - well maybe, but y'know, it's not
his job to please you. If seeing a concert is so important
to someone then I can only assume that a re-evaluation of
priorities is in order.  People are what matters, an hour of
live music, while heartlifting, beautiful and all the rest
is wonderful, it's just not as important. But maybe that's
just me.  Anyone?

BOY WITH A BASS GUITAR - somebody help me. I would have
replied to Sophie privately(as I'm sure many did) only I was
scared that she'd reply I'd fall helplessly in love. Mails
like that (and others too numerous to mention) are the
reason that this list is so important.

SINGLES NOT ON ALBUMS - Loooove it. Although the only band
that comes to mind is New Order, who did a lot of that sort
of thing (and of course Joy Division before them) if not
exclusively. I always think that singles kind of punch
nesses holes in albums - Oh yeh the next one is the single -
and it kind of devalues the songs that weren't singles, if
you see what I mean.

Probably that's rambling enough. The shadows of obscurity
(and possibly even a red wine and cider sick bowl - well
maybe) are calling.

Love in great big vases
Kev (in a bliss of ignorant haze)
=====