Sinister: wrong girl vid!!!:)

Kin WOO daftpunk at xxx.au
Wed Jun 7 14:15:49 BST 2000

Hey sinisterinies!:)
Very long time no write but at long last an email containing *actual* B&S
content! 'Cos not only have I just obtained "FYHCYLLAP", I've just seen
the vid for "Wrong Girl"!!! that's right, "Rage" (to all non-Aussie
listees, it's a late-night music videothon) just showed it on Friday night
and it's grate! Norman Blake out of the always lovely Teenies played
Stevie's dad and it was hilarious that at his "birth" stevie came out
fully formed. It's really a funny video in a sad sort of way. Stevie looks
hapless and gormless throughout (not a bad thing since  obviously he meant
to look like). The girls he tries to woo look mostly non-plussed and how
many of us guys can relate to that? The part where the rest of B&S
(including a brief cameo by the ever gorgeous Stuart Murdoch)
come to bash him up is a treat also.
As for the album, I like it and LOVE parts of it. "Beyond Sunrise" is
terrible though. I've never heard a really weak B&S song till now-the male
vocal is just awful-sorry! While Isobel astonished me with her Gentle
Waves album (especially the breath-taking "a chapter in the life of
Mathiew"), her songs and particularly her amazingly fey and twee voice
pale in comparison to our Stuart's. "I Fought in A War" is dramatic and a
very powerful opener. "Don't Leave the light on baby" is a wonderful
slow-burner of rare beauty while of course "Chalet Lines" shows B&S in a
totally different light with them creeping into the stark and incredibly
moving Tori Amos territory of "Me and A Gun". As for the rest, it's slowly
growing on me (though I've loved "wrong girl" ever since it was called
"wrong love") but not sure if it matches the stellar heights of the other
albums. Hmmm have to wait and see:)
anyway thanx for bearing with my musings and all the best to err everyone!
seeya folks
Kin Woo

 "What's the deal?
            Take a pill!"- Cordelia Chase