Sinister: Ten Feet Fall

Sarah Clarke starpiekat at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 7 20:07:30 BST 2000

Dear you lot,

Nicks subject line made me think of a wonderful quote by someone from the
Stranglers, that I read about in the hilarious tale of a hyperactive pain in
the arse gobshite called Mark Radcliffes book. Apparently, the fat old scumbags
that were the stranglers were playing in some chrome'n'steel venue in Greater
Manchesters Trendy Bolton, and were blessed with the offering of many plastic
glasses hailing onto the stage during their "performance". Brandishing one of
the glasses, Mr Jean Jaques Michelle Jarre or whatever his name was said:

"Plastic glasses, yeah, thrown by plastic people, in a plastic world".

Superb. We need more quotes like that in Pop. The best other quote that I read
recently was in Smash Hits, by Anika (UGLY) from Girl Thing: ur lets see if I
can remember this. On why she has a scar on her arm:

"When I was born, I had an extra muscle in my arm, one that only monkeys have.
They cut it all out and now I have a big scar."

What the hell?? MONKEYS? People with monkey muscles are now taking over Planet
Pop? Was' goin' on wit' dat?

Sorry I can't send you a lot of detailed analysis about the new B&S album, but
I don't have it. I nearly bought it today, along with a German compilation of
girlie...stuff, but then I decided I'd prefer to go to Waitrose and spend the
money on orange wodka. And then I decided that I just HAD to try the new
flavour Haagen Daz and buy Smash Hits. I have too many cd's to pack up already.
The thing is, if they'd had the new Aislers Set record, there would have been
no hesitation. I'm not going to say that as the record didn't instantly grab my
heart that it can't be great - as when I first found the band they DID take a
while to grow on me... it's just that... well. Perhaps they should have put
Kerr Smith on the cover, instead of those Icelandic chicks. They ARE twins, I'm
sure, aren't they in that wierd shit music experimental shiznitz?

Is that a word?

Have a nice time at the Embra picnic, you lot...
Sarah

=====
"But just remember, when your teacher told you to always find a home for stray animals, she wasn't referring to your rectum." -- DNA Mag-AZINE.