Sinister: Fold your fingers origami makers.

LNino at xxx.com LNino at xxx.com
Wed Jun 7 20:54:26 BST 2000

Hi

So I've been reading attentively to all the opinions about the album. I
went home this last weekend and tried napster. i downloaded some songs and
well.. I still haven't made up my mind about it.
I think it's that bad habit of "expecting too much", and I guess that is why
some bands just like B&S try to keep a low profile, so they can keep doing
what they like, without the pressure of being better than the last time.

I was hoping that I would find songs like Is it Wicked not to care, Simple
things... ok. I can't expect that I know, since they are different people
from last year or two years ago.
But I was a bit disappointed in the lyrics of these last songs.
Where are the images? where are the feelings? where is the honesty?

I CAN'T FIND THE POINT! that's what I'm feeling... in songs like Family
Tree, the tune is nice, and it's a cool song to play guitar to and sing on
your own, but I can't see the point.. or at least lyrics this time don't
call out to me.

Although I must say that Waiting for the moon to rise is very pretty, I
fought in a war is so sad and I love it.. i still have to listen to the CD
which i ordered but I'm kinda wandering..

I don't know, I don't find it brilliant, just a good pop record, since at
this time, we must recognise that there are excellent pop bands, all over
the world... In japan for instance, in Sweden, France and Spain.
I am listening to La Buena Vida, Le Mans, Club 8, from bubblegum to sky
(even though I LOATHE the band name)  corniche camomile, barcelona.. etc.
They are really good, and some of these bands are lyrically above this last
B&S album.

I love B&S for what they've done, for who they are, for the history they
have, and most of all because they bring together people like us. I've
always felt that my emotion device is broken because I get sentimental
almost over anything.. when I heard Get me away from here I'm dying..
I thought I had finally crossed the twilight zone and was in my planet
again... It was a very important moment.
I fear the success, I fear i'm going to have to carry the burden of seeing a
bunch hollow teenagers feel so cool because they just discovered them, but
most of all I'm afraid that what B&S has been, will from now on be a simple
"was".

juno.