Sinister: Is Wu-Tang Clan Superstar Inspektah Deck's Real Name Inspector Derek?

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Jun 8 15:02:11 BST 2000

I was going to say that the male vocals on "Beyond the Sunrise" are by the
now-legendary gorilla, but then I thought that I might have already said
that about the male vocals on "Legal Man" so I went back and read all the
guff I've been spouting lately to make sure, and by the time I'd done that
it didn't seem very funny anymore. But I'll say it anyway - it's the
gorilla. Personally, I love the song. It doesn't make me dance like a spazz,
but it does remind me of when I was a teenager. It reminds me of those early
Jesus and Mary Chain B-sides that droned on and on for about ten minutes,
with only a trickle of feedback, the odd tambourine jangle and the
occasional grunted word like "suck", "fuck", or "Cooke" for company.

I haven't listened to the album much, and I haven't taken a blind bit of
notice of most of the lyrics (rape, you say?) but I think it's easily the
best B&S album so far. I seem to remember once making a serious point about
how "Slow Grafitti" was BLUDDY GRATE because it had had the guts to poke its
nose out of the cosy confines of Murdochland. That's why I like this new
album so much. The only people in Murdochland now are the non-Murdoch
members of the band, and as far as I'm concerned they can all piss off
anyway. In a nice way, of course.

Many thanks to Giita for answering my Icelandic questions. When I saw a
message from Giita entitled "The twin answers" I thought it meant like "the
twin is answering" so I was a bit frightened after having called them
nutters. In fact I'd already made up a story about how it was the other twin
who looked like a nutter, not Giita. Frankly, I thought my goose had been
cooked. The touch of evil in th photograph is actually quite appropriate for
the darker than usual contents. I'm beginning to think I was lying about not
having listened to the lyrics. I'm glad Stuart has been a brave little
soldier and has tackled the subject of rape to the best of his abilities,
despite knowing that loads of people would slag him off, and probably fist
him in the bogs. In fact, the lyrics make me wonder if Stuart was forcibly
bummed during his time as a Butlins chaletmaid. Bear in mind I've been
hitting the nail on the head quite a lot lately. Or with my head.

Some people have been referring to positive things in a negative light :
"progfest",  "Bon Jovi" and "John Shuttleworth on his Bontempi organ" to
name but three.  I just mention this while we're in a "ticking off" phase.
And as for Mark C's heavenly vision of a session orchestra, I'm speechless
and unable to stand up in public.

I'm really looking forward to England's game against Germany.
Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat! Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat! Meeeeeeeooooowwww! Boom!

Peter