Sinister: i'm so angry, i don't think it'll ever pass

Blake hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Thu Jun 8 20:47:23 BST 2000

PATIENCE IS PRICELESS (LIKE WHEN YOU TRY TO FLY SO HIGH)

those would be the kind words of the day.

listen: the new album, well i'll get to it in a minute.  for the last three
days my brother and i have been stranded in a small town in florida
(wildwood, they call it) because our car broke down while in mid drive, mind
you.  the battery decided to obliterate itself and i had to set her down
easy.  so we were stuck in this truck stop of a town for days, waiting for
an equally enigmatic car part to come in.  needless to say, it did come in,
yesterday morning.  we drove home, and i drove to the record store upon
returning...

listen: i had heard the album once or twice beforehand, and my opinion of it
is the same.

listen: silence is the sound of the wind masturbating, a man once said.

listen: the album is good.  very good.  in my opinion.  but it lacks in
places.  and i find it barely less enjoyable than TBWTAS 'only' because of
Simple Things/Rollercoaster Ride.  there isn't a better way to end an album
than that, i don't think.

listen: the model is my favorite song ever.  but without needing to rehash
all that's been said, i nominate the best new member of the New Democracy as
being Stevie.  so maybe he has had a bit more coverage, than say, Sarah, but
i think when he goes semi falsetto in stuff like Don't Leave the Light On
Baby, it's phenomenal.

listen: the chalet lines almost made me cry upon my first 'real' listen,
yesterday.

listen: the girl i can't get out of my head is arriving in town today.
maybe i'll see her, i don't know.  there's something to be said when the
pain of seeing someone you want so much outweighs the joy of seeing them at
all.  that's when you know someone has you by the balls.  it's not a
pleasant situation.

listen: this summer i'll be in chicago, DC, and philly, to see the WHO.
like john entwistle says, i'm gonna take a long long drive, and with no
aeeerrrrrroplane.

shucks.

the nerdy shy eyed pacifist
blake