Sinister: Fold your fingers origami makers.

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Thu Jun 8 23:47:08 BST 2000

Juno said

<< I don't know, I don't find it brilliant, just a good pop record, >>

I took off work yesterday and listened to the new album and after much
thought and deliberation, I have to agree.  I think its a top notch pop
record that has some really beautiful moments (I Fought In A War, The Model,
Don't Leave the Light On Baby, Women's Realm, There's Too Much Love), but I
think its easily the weakest album they've released.  Its just too
all-over-the-damn-place for me to really find a theme or an overriding spirit
to the album, and it seems they've traded in most of their innocence and
abandon for calculated arrangements and professionalism.  I'll also join the
chorus of folks who've been saying that the orchestration is at times a
little forced and over the top (see The Wrong Girl's string section).  On the
whole it just doesn't move me very much, if at all.  I think TBWTAS is their
best effort (for the Struan songs alone) and I had hoped FYHCYWLAP would've
been a extension of that.  I wasn't expecting IYFS Vol II or anything, but
knowing what this album could have been (had it included Lord Anthony,
Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner, Rhoda and/or Landslide) I'm left
disappointed.  One of those reviewers said he hopes they go back to the days
of Struan-only albums..right on!   I know B&S are supposed to be about 7
people as opposed to just Struan but you'd have to be dense not to realize
thats why side-projects were created.  I guess the biggest indicator of how I
feel is that I'm already awaiting the next album...
Tickets have gone onsale for Brian Wilson's summer "Pet Sounds" tour.  He
going coast to coast and, joined by local orchestras, he's doing Pet Sounds
start to finish!  I'll probably be at the shows in Philly and Baltimore
(along with Christa) and it will kick mad ass!  If anyone else is planning on
going to these shows please mail me.
Big pimping...spending cheese

Steve C.

"Which Paul?" "BLAH!"

visit http://callowkids.tripod.com or your crush will hate you forever

Call WRNR 103.1 at (410) 269-1031 and request Callow's "Lessons in Shut-eye"
or you'll never make love with a fully erect penis again.